Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hello World!

My name is Andrea and I'm a blogaholic. Seriously, I read dozens of blogs every day. I love getting glimpses into others' lives. I had made several "bloggy" friends. However, my attempts at blogging have sucked.

I don't know why. Well, I kind of do. I always feel like I need "something" to write about. No one wants to read about my everyday life. Except...that's what I love to read about. Most of the blogs I read are mommies, writing about potty training, temper tantrums, and smocked dresses. So, I'm going to try again.

I have started over with a fresh blog, so that I can open it up to everyone. I wrote some opinions on my old blog that I don't want to share with all my current friends. Not that they were wrong, just opinionated :) So, here's to a fresh start!

Finally, a little about me. I am a 32, almost 33 year old wife and mother. My husband and I have been married almost 11 years, together almost 15! We have (almost) three children. "Sassy" is a 10 year old girl, "Sweet Pea" is 2 year old boy, and Baby B is 17 weeks in utero. He/she is due May 31.

I work for my parents, take my kids to work with me (except Sassy, she's in 5th grade), and I am very active in my church. I don't homeschool, I don't cook all organic, and sometimes I let my kids watch TV just so they will be quiet for a little while. I am not crunchy or green, just a surburban mom. I do love my kids with all my heart, I am a BIG fan of attachment parenting, and have been known to wind up with one or two of them in my bed in the middle of the night...just because they know they can.

I am hopelessly in love with my husband. He works VERY hard as a general manager at a popular children's restaurant (you know the one). He is truly my best friend, we often stay up too late laughing and talking and cannot accomplish a single "date night" where we don't talk about the kids, even though the experts say that we should. We like to escape for long weekends now and then to the Smokey Mountains and we Tivo a lot of TV shows and watch them after the kids go to bed, while eating yummy snacks. We are obviously chubby.

That's us in a nutshell. I will be back, posting our everyday nonsense on a regular basis. I will, I will, I will!!

3 comments: