Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby Fever

I had my 18 week check up today! The baby's heartbeat was 160 and I have lost 20 lbs. Yay for the pregnancy diet! Now, for all you skinny minnies out there that gain weight when you're pregnant, there is nothing wrong with me. I just lose weight when I'm pregnant, then gain it all back when the baby is born. Go figure! It has to do with a disorder I have, but I won't go into all of that today.

The doctor wanted to wait two weeks instead of one to do the ultrasound. He said they could tell more things about the baby's heart at 20 weeks, so I'm cool with that. The anticipation of finally knowing what I'm having is starting to get to me! I cannot wait to know! I've been looking at old pictures of Phillip and Olivia when they were babies and I have major baby fever now.

All of Olivia's baby pictures were done on "real" film. We had a digital camera, but that was back when they were less than 1 megapixel, so the quality sucks. Phillip's are all digital however, so I thought it would be fun to put some of those on here. One of my favorite feelings in the world is the feeling you have when you first lay eyes on your child. It's a combination of recognition ("Oh, I know you, you're mine!") and overwhelming unconditional love. I didn't get to see Livi right after she was born, I was unconscious. But when I saw her, I was hooked! I got to see Phillip immediately. He sucked in some fluid, so he had to be deep suctioned, then they brought him right over, He opened his eyes for the first time and looked right into mine. I fell head over heels in love with that little redheaded boy! I can't wait to see this one!

I am going to cherish the next two weeks, the last two weeks of "the unknown". Then, as soon as I find out, I'm going to shop! Well, if it's a girl, I will. Boy stuff is boring and I have plenty of it. Here are a few pictures of cute baby Phillip.

WARNING: These will make you want to have another baby.


One week old
One week old with proud big sister
 Enjoying his first bath
In the hospital, looking for his mommy :)

Finally, I'm wondering how big this baby will be. Olivia was 21 1/2" long and 8 lbs 13.5 oz. She never lost weight and weighed 10 lbs 5 oz at her 2 week check up. Phillip was a little smaller, 7 lbs 13.5 oz and 20 inches long. He lost weight and at one week weighed 6 lbs 12 oz. He was a little over 3 weeks early, they estimate he would have weighed over 9 lbs if he was full term. I'm thinking #3 will be at least 9 lbs and 21 inches long, if I don't go early again. My kids are just big kids. Tall and skinny, that's the Bell kids. Wish that's how everyone described their mama :)

1 comment:

  1. Warning duly noted.....however.....while he is beyond adorable.....NOTHING (not even the prospect of a 20 lb weight loss) could make me want another baby!!!!! At this stage in my life, I would require a padded cell!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete